Corporate Social Responsibility
FiberMark’s “Naturally Creative” tagline links the company’s materials to the natural world, where we find inspiration for our textures and colors and is a key element of the company’s philosophy, underscoring its deep, ironclad commitment to preserving the environment. Here at FiberMark, terms like “green practices,” “sustainable” and “conservation” aren’t merely buzzwords; rather, they reach to the very essence of the company’s operational principles, especially those that regard the preservation of our precious natural resources and the environments they thrive in.
When it comes to taking care of the environment, FiberMark focuses on finding “naturally creative” ways to make its operating facilities and products more environmentally friendly. From the efforts of the environmental “Heroes” at our Brattleboro manufacturing facility, to the achievement of ISO09001, ISO18001 and ISO14001 registration in the Red Bridge, UK facility, FiberMark employees are striving every day to develop and implement creative, innovative approaches to limit the company’s environmental footprint and honor its commitment to the environment.
Experience and innovation make FiberMark the choice of world-leading brands.
We achieve this through source reduction and design solutions. For example, our in-house designers reengineered expandable file folders, reducing the amount of reinforcement material needed. And our R&D team has developed biodegradable and recyclable products that can be made with renewable cellulose or postconsumer recycled fiber.
- Hyflex® - A durable, white offset-printable covering material that resists cracking, thereby eliminating the need for film lamination (PCW fiber content upon request)
- Hillcrest® 150 Recover - Printable wall-covering grounds made with 80% postconsumer waste fiber
- Reprise® - Specialty packaging board and cover stock made from 100% recycled fiber, including 30% postconsumer waste fiber
- Skivertex Recover® - Premium simulated leather covering material made with 30% to 50% postconsumer waste fiber
- Wide Format Inkjet - environmentally responsible line of digital graphics print media including conVerd Board™, Lustré Board®, DuoBoard®, Endura®-Print, DigiScape®, EnviroScape Mural®, GreenLight®, CityLight®, Blox-Lite®, Everyday Photo Paper, conVerd® Photo and Flexart®
- Electricity consumed by FiberMark is generated from a variety of sources, including fossil fuel–free hydroelectric power
- We support local agriculture: 10 acres of our Vermont site are cultivated by a local farmer
- At our Brownville, New York, manufacturing site, we’ve reduced the average daily effluent by more than 87% and the total mass loading for the treatment plant from about 6,000 pounds a day to just 25
- Recycled content Pre- and postconsumer, from 30% to 100%
- Recyclable Suitable for reclamation/reuse programs
- Sourcing certifications FSC® & SFI® standard offerings or available upon request (FiberMark Red Bridge - UK also FSC® certified)
- Heavy metal reduction Compliance with the Coalition of Northeastern Governors (CONEG) for heavy metal content in packaging materials
- European REACH standards
- Legal Timber Protection Act (2008 Lacey Act Amendment) compliance
- CPSIA compliance
- Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act compliance
- Elemental & Process Chlorine-free
- Heavy metal–free
- pH neutral
- Free of ozone-depleting chemicals
- Manufactured using aqueous coatings and ink technology
BIG Design Impact.
Forest Stewardship Council™ – certified (SCS-COC- 004451)
Ranging from 5% to 100% Recycled Content with and without PCW content.